Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day 14: FREE HUGS! (Featuring Karen!)


I gotta admit, today was by far the most fun I had during any challenge I've done so far. The nerves got the best of me on day 8, but today was different. First time doing a challenge with a lovely friend by my side is certainly a plus.

   
Karen and her amazing selfie skillz
Parking our free hugs right at the busy intersection of Yonge and Dundas

I am not a good hugger. I can you tell you that, Karen can tell you that. So today, I guess not only will I learn how to take rejections, I will learn to get more comfortable with physical contacts.

I dared Karen to ask 10 people, including a mixed guy that she considers very attractive. And I'm supposed to ask 30 people. We parked ourselves right at Yonge and Dundas and things got started.

After we hugged, she really wanted a picture with us, cause of course I'm famous on the internet ;D


Karen claims that she gives the best hugs. But Evaine's face tells a different story here :P

She tried her best not to get blown away by the wind.
Two hours later, we got a countless number of hugs and we also got rejected a ton. At the end of it, I don't think either of us are much hurt by the rejections. Best hug of the day came from a huge black dude that clobbered us with a warm bear hug. I was honestly still nervous about asking asking girls I find attractive, and I'm planning to tackle that fear directly in the next challenge(I seemed to have no reservations with older people or guys in this challenge).

And Karen sorta completed her dare....well not really. The last person she hugged was a little three year old boy, and he happened to be mixed (evident by the White father and the Asian mother). I don't think that's what she meant by "a very attractive mixed guy", but I guess I'll let her slide. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment